Chocolate Lover’s Weekend? Where do I sign up?
- Almost Autumn Wine and Chocolate Tasting at Loco for Coco on Thursday, October 3, including wine paired with new chocolate offerings discovered at the New York City Fancy Food Show.
- Chocolate Lover’s Weekend at Proximity Hotel, complete with “A Chocolate Extravaganza Wine Dinner” on Friday, October 4, and a Saturday Chocolate Cooking Class with Chef Leigh Hesling.
- Truffles, Wine & Music at Grove Winery on Saturday, October 5, featuring wine and chocolate truffles….and live music by Swing Triad.
- Chocolate Weekend at Gia October 4 – 6, when the restaurant is offering a special Chocolate Prix Fixe Menu with such items as “sweet potato, poblano and chocolate chili with chives, manchego, and toast points,” and “coco-dusted pork chop with sweet potato mash and kale chips,” paired with wines in Gia’s signature small plates style.
There’s been a ton of great events associated with the 17 Days Festival – friends have told me about seeing Big Head Todd & The Monsters live at Natty Greene’s, Joan Osborne at Guilford College, and Big Bill Morganfield at Blind Tiger. This coming weekend, you can also see:
- “Invitation to Dance,” a joint performance by the Greensboro Symphony and Greensboro Ballet, with music from Berlioz, Saint-Saens, Ravel, Weber, and more.
- Jazz trumpeter Brandon Lee with UNC-G jazz ensembles.
- Latin Voices at Artistika Nightclub.
- Animated! exhibit of works by 24 contemporary NC artists inspired by or incorporating animated imagery at Green Hill Gallery.
- Archaeological Discoveries display of artifacts discovered during a 2011 Archaeological Field School at Guilford Courthouse National Military Park.
The 17 Days Festival does a great job of drawing attention to the variety of cultural activities available in Greensboro, and I encourage you to enjoy the events on this last weekend of the Festival!